Source: Rex features
With all eyes on Pippa Middleton’s HUGE rock last week I thought this would be the perfect time to discuss engagement rings.Buying an engagement ring is no easy thing. It takes time, research and months of saving. Before you take the plunge and buy a ring remember to:
- Find out your partners ring size
- Set yourself a budget
- Start pinning on Pinterest to get inspiration
- Ask permission!
- Look and listen out for hints. Has your partner dropped any subtle hints on their favourite style, shape or size?
- Look out for my next blog: How to find your perfect engagement ring!
Before you hit the shops to make your big purchase, here are a few things to consider.
- Educate yourself on the 4 C’s: Cut, Colour, Clarity and Carat
The Four C’s are crucial when buying a diamond. Head to the GIA website for detailed information about each C and their meaning.
Stones come in many different shapes and sizes: round, oval, cushion cut, asscher, princess and so on
3. Metal options
Your choice of metal will have an impact on the cost of your ring. Popular choices are platinum, white gold, rose gold or yellow gold. Remember to think about what looks best on your skin tone
The setting of the stone is important. It is what defines the look and showcases the stone to its best advantage. Popular settings include; claw, oval, channel and pave.
A few of my favourite rings!